Box #2 arrived yesterday afternoon! The contents are as follows:
- Term 2 Residency Information At-A-Glance
- Term 2 Residency calendar (draft)
- Airport letter for customs/immigration
- Duke Student ID card
- Coursepack C300: Managerial Economics – Professor Leslie Marx (pre-reading)
- Coursepack C312: Decision Models – Professor Peng Sun (pre-reading)
- Textbook: Microeconomics by Robert S. Pindyck and Daniel L. Rubenfeld
- Study Guide: Microeconomics by Hamilton and Suslow
- Textbook: Readings for Decision Models by Ragsdale, Albright and Winston
- CD – Decision Models: Pre-reading/Residency/Distance
Unlike Box #1, which was packed densely with books and information, this package was a bit lighter. Unfortunately, this means that the materials arrived slightly damaged, bent corners/covers and such. No matter, the knowledge is all the same.
I hesitate to predict any grades for the upcoming semester, lest I jinx myself. But I can say that I am greatly looking forward to the 2nd Semester. Economics and Decision Models are my background, so doing the work will be like a hobby, as opposed to the “job” that Accounting was. One thing I can offer to all my classmates…yes, I will have read everything and done all of the exercises before I get to Dubai, sorry for being ‘that guy’.
See everyone in two weeks!!!
Well now I know whom I need to hang around with during the residency study sessions.